Our Family's Story

Our Family's Story

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

4 months ago.....

It's been four months ago today that I lost the love of my life. It seems like a lifetime ago, and like yesterday at the same time. It is still just so hard to believe that he is gone. I'm surprised at the things that are comforting, and at those that are so much more painful than I would have dreamed. The grief comes in waves; sometimes rippling, and at other times, crashing.

I'm so grateful to have our amazing kids in my life. They have been there for Glenn and for me since Day 1, and they continue to be my strength and my joy. I'm also thankful for all of you that have provided so much love and support. Glenn always said, "Family isn't about blood." Thank you for being family and for being by our side throughout this journey. Some days the pain of missing him is unbearable. I feel blessed for having had something and someone that makes saying goodbye so hard. Having him to love was such a gift. His legacy continues on. I love him and miss him so much every day.







2 comments: